Here is the next segment of the "Let's Learn!" post. I hope you will learn something new! :)
How to Take Care of Your Swarovski Crystals:
Swarovski crystal (or Austrian crystal) jewellery is considered one of the most exquisite type of crystal jewellery. They require some special care to last for a long time.
When you wear them casually, Swarovski crystals tend to lose shine and luster from daily wear and tear. Factors that can accelerate loss may include friction from your body and clothing, oil from your skin, heat, dust, perfume/body sprays and make-up applications.
Maintaining these gems is not labour-intensive and definitely not expensive. In fact, you can find all of the cleaning items in your home or at your local dollar store.
Simple, Cheap & Quick Solutions:
- Baby wipes are wonderful cleaners without damaging the surface of the crystals. Just remember to dry your gems by using a cotton cloth to retain its original shine.
- A soapy solution with a few drops of vinegar will also do the trick. Gently soak a cotton ball in the solution and wipe. The vinegar acts as a gentle dissolvant to remove all kinds of grease, body spray, and other kinds of oil residues without damaging the crystal surface. Again, dry off with a clean cotton cloth.
- Always remember to remove your gems before doing housework! This is a must as chemicals in soap and household products will strip away the metallic coating and may even scratch its surface!
- If the gems are cover in grease (e.g.: excessive use of hand/body lotion), you can simply polish using a soft lint-free cloth. This maintains the dazzling brilliance. CC does this nightly when she take her gems off.
- Avoid wearing the crystals with metals. This is a sure fire way to scratch and damage them! Even worse, they may chip!
Was this post helpful? Feedback, suggestions, criticisms, and bashing are all welcome! Have a great weekend!
CC & CQ